The calling of the Church
A little history on our church…
We were able to go back to 1850 for the land deeds to the property which was originally a part of Baltimore City and the lands use was farm land.
In 1936 Broad Acres Land Corporation purchased the land and created lots and our neighborhood. We were the 1st building on this virgin land. The original land was inhabited by Native American Indians the Piscataway & Susquehannocks
Our lots were originally purchased on August 8, 1944 by the founding pastor, a woman, Roberta Gerald and her husband Eugene. Pastor Roberta had a vision to share the love of God in this area.
The verbal history has been told that; Pastor Gerald had a vision and a heart establish a local church in our area.
The basement was completed first and service was held in the church hall. The pastor and her husband lived in the basement and raised monies to literally raise the church.
The church building was erected and the cornerstone indicated 1946. This set us on our journey of celebrating our church.